Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Almighty God



On a Saturday night several weeks ago, this pastorwas working late at Almighty God Tabernackle, hischurch, and decided to call his wife before he left forhome. It was about 10:00 PM, but his wife didn't answerthe phone. The pastor let it ring many times. He thoughtit was odd that she didn't answer, but decided to wrap upa few things and try again in a few minutes. When hetried again she answered right away. He asked her why shehadn't answered before, and she said that it hadn't rungat their house. They brushed it off as a fluke and wenton their merry ways.
The following Monday, the pastor received a call at thechurch office, which was the phone that he'd used thatSaturday night. The man that he spoke with wanted to knowwhy he'd called on Saturday night. The pastor couldn'tfigure out what the guy was talking about. Then the guysaid, "It rang and rang, but I didn't answer." The pastorremembered the mishap and apologized for disturbing him,explaining that he'd intended to call his wife.The man said, "That's OK. Let me tell you my story.You see, I was planning to commit suicide on Saturdaynight, but before I did, I prayed, "God, if you're there,and you don't want me to do this, give me a sign now."At that point my phone started to ring. I looked at thecaller ID, and it said, 'Almighty God'.I was afraid to answer."

No comments:

Post a Comment